Snorkel News January 2013
Congratulations to all those that completed courses during 2012, especially to the 4 girls who completed their snorkel lifesaver award.
We have planned a lot for this year including the following:-
- Adults dolphin snorkel course in January
- Adults snorkel diver course in February
- Instructor training course and assessment February 2013 (SITCA)
- Advanced (open water) life saver award (aged 11 and above) when the water in Hinksey lake gets warmer!!
- Life saver award (aged 11 and above)
- Life raft training (open to all snorkel members)
- Childrens dolphin snorkel course
- Childrens snorkel diver course.
- Join us in Swanage for snorkelling at The Celebration of the Purbecks event in May 2013
- We will be snorkelling at Torquay during Oxford BSAC’s week away in July 2013
Please drop me an email if you are interested in any of the courses so I can get an idea of numbers.
I have been introduced to the idea of having ‘junior leaders’ by another club – so more details on that soon.
This year Amelia will be setting up a junior snorkeling newsletter which will be available through email or as a hard copy. As snorkel members you will be able to add articles if you would like, such as photos, trip reviews, course reviews etc.