Advanced Diver & Advanced Instructor
Branch Member since 2001
- Advises the Committee on all technical aspects of diving.
- Is responsible for diving arrangements in connection with BSAC activities.
- Prepares diving regulations for approval and publication by Committee.
- Sets the standards of training and experience and theoretical knowledge required for the purpose of BSAC diving examinations.
- Arranges for examinations to be held and certificates of qualification to be issued.
- Appointment of the Training Officer(s) with the agreement of the Committee.
- Develop more varied range of club diving
- Develop contacts between the club and other local sports organizations
- Plan and manage at least one annual diving expedition to cater to all levels of diver grade within the club.
Accountabilities and Working Relationships
- Appointed from nominations by the new General Committee following the AGM.
- Reports to the Annual General Meeting on all diving/snorkeling and related activities.
- Appoints the Training Officer(s).
- Accountable to the National Diving Officer for all diving/snorkeling and related activities within the Branch.
- Accountable to the Treasurer on all financial aspects.
- Must work with the Training Officer(s), Project/Expedition Officer, Equipment Officer, Boat Officers and Dive Managers.
- Accountable to the General Committee on Branch related aspects of Diving/Snorkeling.
- Must work with the General Committee.