Open Water Instructor
Branch Member since 2014(?)
- to Organise Lectures i.e. Set dates and arrange suitable instructors to do each lecture.
- organise Pool Training i.e. Set dates and arrange suitable instructors.
- keep a record of each student’s progress on lectures and pool training.
- arrange dates for SDC training i.e. Dry-Suit training with a suitable Instructor.
- arrange One-2-One tuition for students with issues with a suitable Instructor.
- arrange Exams when students are ready.
- To organize open water training throughout the year.
- To maintain a record of completed open water exercises.
- To organize open water elements of club based Skill Development courses.
- To organize diving expeditions suitable for a range of diving grades throughout the diving season and provide a route for divers to gain experience.
- Accountabilities and Working Relationships
- Appointed by the new Diving Officer following the AGM.
- If Training Officers are not appointed then the role defaults to the Diving Officer.
- Accountable to the Diving Officer for Pool and Theory and Open Water Diving Training.
- Must work in cooperation with the Diving Officer, Projects/Expedition Officers, Equipment Officer and Dive Managers.
- Accountable to the Treasurer for financial aspect relating to pool, theory and open water training.
- Must work in cooperation with the General Committee.