How much does diving cost?
While diving can rarely be called a cheap sport, being a non-profit making organisation we try to keep the costs to a minimum. There are certainly savings to be made by learning and diving with the club compared with commercial operators. There are also multiple other benefits of joining the club.
- See separate page for details of our membership fees and latest BSAC fees.
Boat Fees (to dive on the club boat)
- Minimum/typically £25 per day (depending on distance travelled). The aim is for everyone to get two dives.
Charter Boat Fees
- £40 – £60 per day (in the UK). Usually for two dives.
Inland Dive Site Entry Fees
- £10 – £20 per day. For as many dives as you can manage (usually two).
Equipment Hire (free for unqualified diver’s pool training)
- £1 to £10 per item per day.
Pool entry fees (higher for non-members)
- Adults £2 (or £3.50) per one-hour session, Children £1 (or £2).
Air fills (free for pool training)
- £1 – £3.50 depending on cylinder size.